Auction Cataloging Supervisor Position
Scope of Responsibilities
The auction cataloging supervisor must have a natural ability to lead and have the desire constantly improve the skills of their team. They will ensure their staff has the proper training to perform their roles and coordinate cross-training. This candidate will be a problem solver and resolve any issues that may arise with the online catalogs. The Auction cataloging team is responsible for accurately photographing and documenting compelling and accurate details of the auction lots.
- Oversee and lead their team members
- Reach multiple Auction deadlines in a faced paced environment
- Ensuring that the correct inventory is ordered daily
- Preparing the monthly Auction previews
- Creating and printing various reports for the department
- Product research for inventory
- Motivate the team and prioritize tasks
- Work with their team and other Supervisors to solve problems
- Trial and train new employees
- Maintaining and improving department processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform physical labor
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with change
- Willingness to learn equipment such as forklifts
- Have a positive attitude that motivates and leads the team to results
- Willingness to learn and improve supervisory skill
- Experience in a management role
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Must be able to use good judgment
- Ability to focus and be productive in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to maintain productivity and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to pay great attention to details
- Basic computer skills, willingness to learn new technology
- Must be willing to work in all types of weather, as we operate year-round
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
To be successful in this team, you will have to be a good communicator, have a strong positive attitude, and be willing to hustle. We are looking for people committed to ending their day-based completion of daily goals rather than punching a time clock. Candidates without a driver’s license will not be considered.
Day to Day with Us
A typical workday begins at 8 am sharp with a group meeting with your team members to discuss the priorities for the day. These priorities tend to change daily and sometimes hourly depending on how many team members we have for the day, product deliveries, and customer appointments. On a daily basis, you will work with your team members on multiple tasks such as ordering inventory for Auctions, loading data into the software, and taking and editing photos for inventory. This position involves various computer skills – we use multiple Excel spreadsheets to organize our data and we have a color-coding label system in place to make our processes flow efficiently when we are creating multiple Auctions. This position requires multitasking and great attention to detail. You will often be working with the Warehouse Supervisor and there are times in which we all must come together to reach a deadline so you may be assisting other departments as well. You will be working in all types of weather, and you must be able to lift and move various inventory items. We usually end the day around 4:30 pm but there are many occasions in which team members will stay later or come in earlier if needed so that we are able to meet our deadlines.
Provide customers with cost savings and by being a solution for vendors.
Our Niche: Buying and selling opportunity inventory- fair and honestly.
Our Core Values
- Does the right thing when no one is looking
- Get-r-doner’s 2A. Has urgency
- No ego, No drama
- Attention to details
- Transforms problems into solutions for the company