The Auction Cataloger is primarily responsible for one of the most important aspects of an Auction: Accurately photographing and documenting compelling and accurate representations of Auction items and lots for each Auction’s product catalog. Because our Auctions are online, your job performance will directly impact our business's sales, revenue, and reputation. the coordinator of many pre- and post-Auction logistics the successful candidate will be hands-on with a special emphasis on organization and decision-making.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant, dynamic, and expanding company where motivated individuals have enormous potential for growth.
- Assist with the selection of items and lots for each Auction
- Pulling lots from inventory for upcoming Auctions.
- Working directly with consigners to include consigned lots in weekly Auctions.
- Organizing all Auction items into numbered lots.
- Photographing lots.
- Creating and printing Auction catalogs.
- Communicating with appropriate staff any issues, problems, opportunities, etc. derived from the Auction.
- Work collegially with all staff members to improve organizational culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, creative; goal-oriented, and has the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Some combination of education and/or experience in an inventory management and photography environment is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must.
- Ability to use a forklift or willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to perform physical labor.
- Must be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment with solid time-management and organization skills.
- Ability to focus and be productive in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment.
- Ability to maintain productivity and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Basic computer skills, willingness to learn new technology.
- Must be willing to work in all types of weather, as we operate year-round.
Our ideal candidate will be a top-notch communicator that is very detail orientated. They must be willing to hustle and maintain a positive attitude in a faced-paced, sometimes hectic environment. The right person will choose to end their day upon successful completion of daily responsibilities, as opposed to clocking out regardless of how it will affect you and others on your team. Auctions are structured around a series of times, dates, and deadlines, punctuality and attendance are mandatory. We are interested purely in building a good team. In order to do so, we must hire good people.
The day-to-day for the Auction catalog position:
This position is a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment, that operates all year, in all types of weather.
The day starts at 8 AM sharp with a group meeting with your team members to discuss the priorities for that day. (15 to 30 minutes) Priorities tend to change daily and sometimes hourly depending on Auction stages, product deliveries, and customer appointments.
Join 1-2 team members on daily tasks. (Until Lunch Break. Approximately 50% Warehouse/Yard and 50% Computer/Desk)
- Selecting inventory for Auction.
- Entering inventory data into our Auction software, including product information, an accurate description of the lot, quantity of items
- Photographing the inventory and uploading it into the Auction software.
- Using multiple Excel spreadsheets to organize our data
- Color-coding label system in place to make our processes flow efficiently when creating multiple Auctions.
- Much of this will be moving and organizing inventory, on a busy customer appointment day.
Check-in with your Supervisor after Lunch (5 to 10 minutes)
Complete required tasks for the day, and additional tasks, as needed. (Rest of Day. Approximately 50% Warehouse/Yard and 50% Computer/Desk.)
End of Day: Ideally, our workday ends at 4:30 PM. However, this position will include days when the team comes in early or stays late to ensure all tasks have been completed properly.
Customer Appointment Days: Moving and organizing inventory. The Auction catalog team may have to pitch in and assist the Auction setup team.
Direct contact with customers may be required when performing this job.